I read a lot of books. Most of them are fiction, with a heavy bias towards sci-fi. This past year, I didn’t read as much as I usually do; somehow, I found it more difficult than I had in the past to find a book that really grabs and holds my attention. With that in mind, I’d like to start an experiment: alternating non-fiction and fiction, yearly. Next year, then, will be the first non-fiction year.
The following is a partial list of books I’d like to read, listed mostly so that I can keep track of them. I’ll try to keep it updated.
- The Civil War: A Narrative, Shelby Foote
- Liars and Outliers, Bruce Schneier
- Feminism Is for Everybody, bell hooks
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma, Michael Pollen
- The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game, Michael Lewis
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable, Nassim Taleb
- Ball Four, Jim Bouton
- Aftershock, Robert B. Reich